This version of The Weekly Francis covers material released in the last week from 20 November – 13 December 2014.
The Weekly Francis is a compilation of the Holy Father’s writings, speeches, etc which I also post at Jimmy Akin’s The Weekly Francis. Jimmy Akin came up with this idea when he started “The Weekly Benedict” and I have taken over curation of it.
Note: The Vatican has translated very few documents into English for the month of December.
- 7 December 2014 – Message of the Holy Father on the occasion of the Vienna Conference on the Humanitarian Impact of Nuclear Weapons [Vienna, 8–9 December 2014]
- 10 December 2014 – Message for the World Day of Peace 2015
- 20 November 2014 – Visit to FAO on the occasivion of the 2nd International Conference on Nutrition
- 30 November 2014 – Press Conference of the Holy Father during the return flight from Turkey (Papal Flight)
Daily Homilies (fervorinos)
- 2 December 2014 – Only the humble understand
- 9 December 2014 – Going out to give life
- 11 December 2014 – God’s lullaby
- “The Church is called to draw near to every person, beginning with the poorest and those who suffer.” @pontifex, 2 December 2014
- “Slaves no more. We are all brothers and sisters. #EndSlavery” @pontifex, 2 December 2014
- “Advent increases our hope, a hope which does not disappoint. The Lord never lets us down.” @pontifex, 4 December 2014
- “Advent begins a new journey. May Mary, our Mother, be our guide.” @pontifex, 6 December 2014
- “My video message for Iraqi Christians” @pontifex, 6 December 2014
- “Let us learn from the Virgin Mary how to be bolder in obeying the word of God.” @pontifex, 8 December 2014
- “The family is a community of love where each of us learns to relate to others and to the world around us.” @pontifex, 9 December 2014
- “Ecology is essential for the survival of mankind; it is a moral issue which affects all of us.” @pontifex, 11 December 2014
- “Our Lady of Guadalupe, pray for us!” @pontifex, 12 December 2014
- “Today is my anniversary of ordination to the priesthood. Please pray for me and all priests.” @pontifex, 13 December 2014