Little Rock – Authorities have identified the soldier killed in Monday’s double-shooting outside a U.S Army recruitment office in west Little Rock.
According to Pulaski County Coroner Garland Camper, 23-year-old William Long of Conway died shortly after being transported to a Little Rock hospital.
Police say the incident occurred around 10:15 a.m. at a U.S. Army Navy Career Center inside the Ashley Square Shopping Center at 9112 North Rodney Parham Road. According to Lt. Terry Hastings with the Little Rock Police Department, two enlisted soldiers standing outside the office were hit when a suspect drove up in a black SUV and began shooting.
At a briefing Monday afternoon, Little Rock police chief Stuart Thomas identified the suspect as Abdul Hakim Mujahid Muhammad, 24, of Little Rock. Thomas says Muhammad also goes by the name Carlos Bledsoe.
Hastings identified the second wounded soldier as Quinton Ezeagwula, age unknown. He remains at a local hospital in stable condition with non-life-threatening injuries.
So far the President has said “” and the Attorney General has sent 0 Marshals to protect recruiting stations and issued a statement that said “”. The Huffington Post managed to have an article condemning right-wing political violence, but somehow this story escaped their attention. Amazing they were able to have the prudence to realize that in this case the man was probably acting alone and this was a local matter. Somehow the same circumstance in regards to the murder of the Dr. Tiller garnered another response.
As a former Navy recruiter this story hits home a bit. Though I only got my tires slashed and treated like crap by some in Washington state who hated the military.