Here are some quick general reflections on the presidential race.
Whenever I hear politicians talk about change I think change is what is left in my pocket from my paycheck by the time they get done.
When I hear Sen. Hillary talking about President Johnson passing the Civil Rights act I remember the final Senate vote.
The original House version:
* Democratic Party: 164-96 (64%-39%)
* Republican Party: 138-34 (80%-20%)
The Senate version:
* Democratic Party: 46-22 (68%-32%)
* Republican Party: 27-6 (82%-18%)
The Senate version, voted on by the House:
* Democratic Party: 153-91 (63%-37%)
* Republican Party: 186-35 (80%-20%)
Including in the nea for the Democrats was Al Gore’s father.
The Hillary crying incident doesn’t bother me since if she is elected President I might cry also.
I wish that a half-Black half-Spanish lesbian was elected president. We could get so many firsts out of the way so that people can get back to voting based on a candidates position vice other attributes.