From another blogging meme that is going around, list ten things that others probably have not done.
- Been robbed by a courteous robber who went back and picked up the album I had dropped and returned it to me after taking my wallet.
- Made an arrested carrier landing.
- Had a meal that included curry snake in Sri Lanka.
- Given a ride and taken out to lunch by Protestant missionaries in Kenya who were driving around in a van that had a license plate from my home state.
- Sucked on a frozen egg until consumed during Chief’s initiation.
- Drank so much absinthe in Okinawa that neither myself or my friends noticed that the cab driver had taken us to a marine base some 40 odd miles from where we were stationed. (Kids don’t try this one at home or anywhere else!)
- Saw George C. Scott as Willie Lomax in Death of a Salesman.
- As a shellback I wore a self-designed pirate outfit with a parrot I made out of masking tape as I forced wogs to blow water out of pad eyes on the hangar deck as we crossed the equator.
- Ran continually for an hour on the flightdeck while we transitioned the Suez canal.
- Played a dead body with a DOA tag on my toe for a television show called Sinister Cinema.
What, exactly, is a “meme”?
Do a Google search, man!
In blog terms, a meme is an idea, joke, quiz that propagates around the blogosphere.
Or check this:
I had no idea being in the Navy was so dangerous.