1) Your favorite five movies that are on the list.
1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. It’s a Wonderful Life
3. The African Queen
4. The Gold Rush
5. Duck Soup
Though there are several others that depending on my mood could easily be top 5.
2) Five movies on the list you didn’t like at all.
Well I pretty much have seen all of them and there aren’t any that I didn’t like at all. I liked One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest for the most part, though on rewatching it I hated the ending. I use to work for one of the women who played a nurse in the movie. She ran a children’s theatre company that my father use to work for and that I spent a lot of time at. I also once sang as part of the choir to the patience at Damish Hospital where part of the movie was filmed.
Mainly I would have quibbles about a movie being in the top 100 in the first place, for example Platooon and Easy Rider. Easy Rider was fine if you watched it in the seventies, but it just doesn’t wear well. Some movies you watch when you are younger and think were great at the time just should never be rewatched. Platoon is okay, just not top 100 material or even top 200.
3) Five movies on the list you haven’t seen but want to.
I have seen all the others on the list.
4) Five movies on the list you haven’t seen and have no interest in seeing.
Zero for this category.
5) Your favorite five movies that aren’t on the list.
1. The Passion of the Christ
2. A Night at the Opera
3. The Lord of the Rings
5. The Haunting of Hill House