Agnus Day which continues to be laugh-out -loud daily has has couple of funny posts on Catholic guilt.
It is funny how many times you see Catholic guilt referenced in news articles you do wonder if Catholic guilt is listed in the APA’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
I also wonder what would happen if people treated everything the way they treat Catholic guilt if they were to be consistent. After all this so-called guilt is the prompting is a warning of at least a partially formed conscience. Here is a list of other things they should complain about.
- Nerve endings reporting pain information. I mean just because you put your hand on the stove why should you have the pesky nerve endings notify you of this. This is just burn guilt.
- In fact all of the senses since they can warn you about dangers.
- The Check Engine or Oil light on your car should be disabled. Just because parts of your engine are grinding together and causing severe damage why should you be warned about that?
- Bridge out signs since this only invokes 90 degree fall into oblivion guilt.
- Poison labels and all real warning labels.
- Tsunami, Tornado, and Hurricane warnings because of weather guilt.
The list can of course go on and on but I don’t want to give you list guilt.